Friday 5 March 2010

Thing 13

I have been on Facebook for some time, in order to keep in touch with friends around the world. I was reluctant at first but now I enjoy keeping up with other people's lives.

The groups I am part of and of which I am a fan include the British Library, Unshelved (great cartoons about libraries from the point of view of staff on a desk), Penguin, Maya Angelou and Haruki Murakami. It is great to have news of these people and groups, all set up in one place.

And thus, it is a good place for libraries to broadcast news of developments and changes, new stock, opening hours and other useful information. It also fosters a greater sense of a library as a community.

On a less useful note, I also am the founder member of the Jean-Pierre Mialon Appreciation Society...

No comments:

Post a Comment